To the patients of Finger Lakes Community Health
Committed to serving everyone — same as always.
We are here to serve everyone’s medical, dental, and behavioral health needs. Our office hours have not changed, and we want you to feel safe at your appointments to get the treatment you need.
You should also know, that there are alternatives to coming to the health centers for certain non-urgent medical conditions. We offer virtual visits or telehealth where you can be evaluated by your provider using a HIPAA compliant video connection between you and your clinician. It can also be used for behavioral health visits with a therapist. Please call the health centers to get more details.
We did, however, make a temporary adjustment to our dental services. At this time, we will not be doing routine or non-urgent dental procedures such as oral exams and dental cleanings. We will be caring for our patients that need immediate or urgent care to relieve severe pain and/or risk of infection and to alleviate the burden on hospital emergency dental departments. We have dental providers on call during business hours to answer any questions and to schedule an appointment if needed.
Keep in mind, if anyone thinks they may have the Coronavirus, we ask that you NOT come into the health centers but instead, give us a call at (315)781-8448 for further instructions.
Keeping you and our staff safe by diligently following the Coronavirus guidelines
We also want to assure you that we are taking the precautions necessary to ensure both our patients and staff are safe. We are following OSHA guidelines for infection control including extensive cleaning procedures to protect all. After patients leave, we clean frequently touched surfaces using EPA registered disinfectants. In addition:
- We are screening our patients asking them qualifying questions, and if they have symptoms, separating these patients and placing them in a private exam room as quickly as possible. Afterward, we are disinfecting the exam rooms.
- At the health centers, we are limiting the number of visitors in our waiting rooms and expediting rooming procedures so that patients are moved to patient care areas more quickly. We are also encouraging patients to NOT have guests accompany them to their appointment.
- We have removed from the waiting areas, the items that may be touched by multiple people such as toys, books, and magazines.
- Be assured that we are using personal protective equipment (PPE) such as masks, gloves, gowns, and goggles when needed. We are emphasizing hand hygiene, cough etiquette, and social distancing.
- Lastly, we are working with the NYS Department of Health (NYSDOH) and Center for Disease Control (CDC) so that we’re abreast of all developments and are ready to adjust as needed.
What can you do to help?
Please arrive at your scheduled appointment time, no need to arrive early. If you have a short wait time before your appointment, please practice social distancing in the waiting area by maintaining a minimum of six feet between yourself and other people.
As always, we are here to help. We’re making online resources available to you such as the Frequently Asked Questions web page and posting on Facebook. Please check these resources prior to calling. You may find your answer there.
Be safe and know that we are here for you during this trying time.
Mary Zelazny, CEO, and all your providers and staff at Finger Lakes Community Health